Tuesday, May 29, 2018

some of my painted rocks

Here are just some of my painted rocks. 
I painted them for the children to go out searching for, they are so excited when they do find them and usually take them home and treasure them for a time. 
But they are supposed to take a photo of the rock they find and post it on #marlboroughrocks. or #marlbrocks so I can see that they have found one of my little rocks, then, the idea is that they go out and hide the rock i a new place for other children to find.
I have been lucky enough to have had a number of rocks photographed and posted, it is so encouraging to get such a post, makes me so happy. 
Because we are a small tourist town where huge cruise ships visit often I suspect that many of my rocks have left NZ for exotic destinations. I do know one now lives in Thailand.
I have hundreds of different little designs I paint, some are easy so I do them often. Like penguins, flowers, bugs and strawberries. I believe I have painted approx 450 



3 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The are wonderful Glennis, you have been busy! I love the idea of hiding them in the garden for children to find ☺

L. D. said...

This is so nice of you to share your artwork world wide. I have never heard of this idea before but I do like it. You get a lot of satisfaction when painting them and it has to feel good to be able to share them.

sanpiseth40 said...

nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
ดูหนัง