Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Looking towards Anakiwa Bay from the side of the scenic road around the Queen Charlotte Sounds
My World.
Anakiwa wharf built for the students of the Cobham Outward Bound School to learn sailing and other skills to built confidence and self esteem in the youths of the Nation, they also have plenty of land bound skills to learn.
The day we were there all the student had been out sailing and ended up mooring their boats over near the other boats, then the poor people had to leap over board and swim to the wharf fully clothes and carrying all their own gear! Pretty tough, specially for the poorer swimmers and it was not a very warm day.
Do join in and share your Would with us all, on the My World Meme.

10 comments:

The kitties over at Our family cat-a-blog said...

My gosh, you live in Paradise! I had heard New Zealand was gorgeous and it certainly is☺

Roan said...

The wharf shot is fantastic!

Rajesh said...

Your world is very beautiful. Loved both the snaps and what a contrast between them.

Louise said...

That sounds tough, but like it would benefit anyone who did it.

Stephanie V said...

Beautiful photo. The story behind it is good, too.

merike said...

I would be very happy to live in your world. Right after my world.
Your wharf shot is very good.

SandyCarlson said...

Neat. I had always wanted to do Outward Bound when I was a kid. So exciting. Thanks for sharing these.

Marja said...

Swim over to get their gear. They are thoughen them up don't they
On my wish list is to walk the queen charlotte track

Guy D said...

Fantastic photos, the last one of the pier is my favourite.

Have a nice weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Kranky Granny said...

It is so great that through this electronic medium and the meme's we all play we can take a trip around the world in a days time and see places that most of us will never have the time or means of visiting.

Love your post and your blog. Thanks for visiting mine as well.