Sunday, February 22, 2015

My 70th Birthday Party

My 70th Birthday party.
Such a huge milestone, that so many people do not make, must be celebrated and celebrated well I decided, so I arranged a small select dinner party at the Local RSA, just my family and a few of my favourite people. I even bought a dress for the occasion, first I have owned for about 20 years!

I chose to dine outside on the balcony since it was a lovely balmy evening

 We has such a wonderful evening, nice people lovely delicious roast Pork dinner with Bubbly wine, then afterwards we danced the night away to the Ukalali Band. ( Sorry can not spell the name of these small guitar type string instruments of many types.)


















We really did have a hilarious time.








 The band played all the songs we knew from way back then, we sang our hearts out and had a blast. I couldn't have asked for more enjoyment and happiness from my night. It was so lovely to dance with my Husband again, its been ages since we did so.
I also danced with several others including Wayne, who had to work and missed the meal but managed to get there in time for the dancing and a couple of wines, and my sister Rowena.

3 comments:

L. D. said...

Happy Birthday. You did it all very well. Family and friends and a time to dance to celebrate. I am happy for you.

diane b said...

Good to see someone so happy about getting older. I guess it is better than the alternative. Keep smiling and kicking up your heels.

claude said...

Pretty dress and great party, Glennis !
With late, happy birthday !